Monday, January 23, 2012

February 2011 in review......

 Lots of snow in the back yard. This winter has been better so far, just got snow in the last few days.
 He looks cold but he's finding the feed under the snow.
 This is the Mammoth Site in Hot Springs. We had never been there and it was really interesting. I was glad we went.
 From there we went to Pringle SD. We stopped at one bar to eat lunch and then went next door to the other bar! That's were this carving along with alot more are. 2 brothers from the Denver area bought the bar and they are fixing it up, and one or both carve stuff in the logs. It was interesting, and fun to hear their stories and see the carvings.
 Next stop Custer. I wish this horse was in my yard! So cool:)
 I started making these wall hangings for Carrie and Kari for their birthday. The July one is Carries, and the horse one is Kari's.

 I love these shoes! I get lots of compliments, but then I'm sure they think they really aren't grandma shoes are they!!!!!
 Happy Valentines Day. This one is mine.
 Carrie's.
 Still lots of snow.
 One of the books I read. It was along winter so I'm sure I read a few more. This one was a good one.
 I had 2 of this one so they each got one.
 I can't remember if I ended up with 10 or 12.
 Oh good old Williams and Ree. Sue had our tape of their PBS show transferred to a DVD so we had to watch it again. An oldie but a goodie!
 The before and after of sorting my books by color.
 It's still that way just alittle messier.
 Did I think I needed to start a new project? We'll see what month the finished quilt is shown:)
I didn't plan this one to be the last picture, but it's neat that it is. It reminds us to be so thankful for all our many blessings. I know I am I don't know how I got the life I have with the best family,  kids, daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, grandkids, sisters, friends,  neighbors....yippy:)  JMF

No comments: