Friday, June 22, 2012

Paintings, pillows, quilts, and aprons.

 Sarah and Johnny went to a painting class the other day. It was for 4-H kids ( I think) anyway here's their paintings. I was impressed! It sounded like fun too.
 Ready for a frame.................
 I bought this printable from andrea from popalicious  and made this pillow.I gave it to a friend and their little girl. They have 2 dachshunds so I cut out 2 of the little pics of the dachshunds and glued them to the card and wrote "we love our baby sister woof woof" I loved working with the black and pink!
 Made this pillow for an order so it's sold.
 An idea for pillows don't know if I will do it again not wild about it. I think it's the picture of the horse he looks sad:(
 Made 2 aprons for a gal to pick from. It will be going to Denver this July for the silent auction at the 2012 Cattle Industry Summer conference.

 Another order for this pillow.
 That same idea again I like this one better.
 Last night Sue and I went to the ladies salad supper at Bethany Church. They had a big crowd. The food was the best!!!!!!!!! Pastor Becky Senner did the program centered around her quilts and the theme that God is Good All the Time.
 It was a very inspirational night. Such a wonderful message with lots of laughs thrown in on the side!!
 She made this quilt when her son-in -law had cancer. They have 2 children and one on the way proving that God is Good as they had them after his cancer, chemo, and everything else that goes with it.
 She had lots for beautiful quilts I didn't get pictures of very many of them.

 You can't see it but this one has beautiful hand quilting in the center. She won best of show with it.
 This one is South Dakota roads because you can travel for miles and never meet anyone. She had a little piece of black and white fabric to stick on it to represent a dead skunk something you do see on SD roads!!
The other apron to pick from. Which one do you think she should pick? Could be a prize involved ???................JMF

3 comments:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

your creations are awesome! thanks for sharing them : ) hugs...your newest follower -- i know -- i am multi personality...but you know me as popalicious : ) hugs...

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Both aprons are really nice. I love the western scene, but I am also partial to blue and brown. Your pillows are stellar once again. I love the 'Love like crazy' saying - that's one of my favorite songs ever.

Farm wife down the road said...

Coming from an apron hoarder, either apron is great!