Sunday, December 16, 2012

Snow, aprons and junk....................

 More aprons! Still have more to make glad I'm not sick of making them yet:) I may have posted this one already, by now it's in MN hope she liked it.
 Can be seen on one of the gals at Higher Grounds.
 We got some snow the other day. You will hear no complaints from me. We need the moisture so bad. I don't care how we get it as long as we do. Yesterday we got a nice rain too.

 The squirrels were out looking for their corn. The red dump truck was buried in the snow. I dug it out and filled it up, then just like kids they were fighting over it! Chasing each other, rabbits and bluejays away from the corn.
 You are thinking maybe she's not sick of aprons, but I am.....LOl
 Our trip to sell junk.....finally I have been after hubby for years to get rid of that junk. The windrower on top  is the 1st piece of new farm equipment he bought. Around 37 years ago.
 Along the way.
 Here we are at the recycle yard.
 A big magnet picks up the iron and then he takes it to the appropriate pile and shuts the magnet off to dump it.
 Hubby says " It's really fun to watch the guy is really good at running the magnet" So of course I couldn't take my eyes or camera off it:) Well I did look away a few times, but not hubby he stood by the pickup and watched til the last scrap was off the trailer.

 There goes the windrow.
 an old square baler or idiot cube maker as some people call it.
 See anything you need?? We did have a small back haul a new burn barrel and another little burn barrel to put in the water tank to keep the water from freezing.
A pic when my eye wondered from the magnet:)
stay warm.........JMF

2 comments:

Valspierssews said...

I love all the aprons. The cowgirl one is my favourite though. What fun going to the junk yard :) I love squirrels. We don't have them here.

Judy said...

I just love that first one with the red. What fabric is the center? Great gift. Maybe next year for me.