Monday, April 8, 2013

The life and times of a Cattle Rancher........

 The cows are are enjoying being in the calving pasture. Clear blue water to drink, dry grass to lay in and munch. It doesn't hurt seeing the feeder wagon everyday either!
 Calves to tag, easy momma just going to pierce his ear:) It's ok for calves but I don't understand piercing baby girls but alot of moms do it.


 This is my favorite calf so far.
 There's trouble.
 Into the corral.....
 Then the labor and delivery room. Her calf was breach (backwards) so she needed help. That's what we are here for.
 And he's almost out.
 Into the maternity ward.
 I know he doesn't look good....but he is alive.
 Less than 10 minutes later he's looking around thinking finally I'm out of there:) He'll soon be out with the rest of them.
 The feed wagon looks dangerous to me.

 Fall calves, and the heifer's calves.

 Two of the dad's.
 We had a few sets of twins I think this is one of them.
 The geese like the calving pasture too.
 Little red hiding.
We see you in there...............The next few days will be a test rain and snow coming.........JMF

5 comments:

Janet said...

Gearing up for the test here. We need the moisture, but it will be a "test ". Love all your pictures. We had twins yesterday. It involved a Vet call and one fatality. :(

Sara said...

I just loved the calving pictures today. Brings back some wonderful memories from the years we farmed. This is the only time of year I still miss being on the farm. But maybe I won't say that in the next 2 days as a spring blizzard blows through. Hope you can keep all those new babies warm and dry during this bad weather.

Ranch Wife said...

When we have twins, I usually end up raising one of them. :) Envious of you moisture and the grass in your pastures. It looks like the moon around here and the wind is on a tear again today. Oh, yay!

Judy said...

We watch Dr Pol and enjoy it very much. It is sad when the babies don'take it. We have 10 chickens and I just bought 10 more chicks! I am trying to hold them as much as I can. I enjoyed your pictures.

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the most important info for
me. And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The website style is great, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

Here is my webpage: christmas shopping