Monday, June 24, 2013

Lost calf...............

 Sun after church we went to look for a calf that was missing. It had just been born a few days before.
 They were in the corner next to another pasture that we hadn't let the cows into yet. So the grass was tall. We were on the four wheeler so we had a good view.
 There were birds.
 lots of grass
 some sweet clover
 just a few tracks by the water
plenty of water. Not a sign of the calf didn't see anything but birds and grass. Greg did see something that morning thought it was a coyote but wasn't really the right color more red so I told him it was probably a mountain lion. I hope not because the pasture is so close to Jared,s place.

 Now we are now top of the dugout mound, and I didn't even squeal!! So proud of myself!!

 Love the green grass, water and the happy cows.
 This was taken a week ago and with the hot days we have had I think it has doubled in size this week. No problem passing the old saying knee high by the 4th of July. I'm think the corn will be waist high by then.
 My garden cucumbers, squash, beans, 5 pea plants (old seeds) pumpkins, and more.


 Make hay while the sun shines. They did!! one of the few years the 1st cutting of hay got cut baled and hauled before it rained. God is Good!!!!!!!!!

Dolls I made for our niece's kiddos. Bye for now..................JMF

1 comment:

Tammy said...

what a beautiful farm you have.