Thursday, October 10, 2013

Last day of trip:(a

 We went to Gillette Wy. the day after the Crazy Horse walk. Bad idea to sit in a car all day!! I did get out and walk a few times, so it wasn't bad.

 That is snow fence there was miles and miles of it along the interstate.
 An open coal mine.


 Herds of antelope all over out there.
 This is the reason we went to WY.
 Surplus panels and more from the well that are no longer in use. To far to truck and not exactly what he wanted.

 Then we visited Quinn he was Jared's roommate in Mitchell when he went to Votech there. Fun to get to visit with him, but missed his wife and son. Now we are friends on facebook so keep tabs on them there!!
 View from their yard!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I was driving back so took a turn at Spearfish to drive through the canyon.
 Greg is taking the pictures so he hold the camera up alittle and just starts taking pictures, so the dash is in all of them. He says they never look as good as the real thing. I still want pictures!!!
 Bridal veil falls it is right along the road.
 This is Roughlock Falls you can hike into see it or drive. The drive part is only a few years old I was told.
 It is a pretty falls but when the kids  were in high school you could walk right down and I have a picture of them standing on some rocks in front of the falls. No more of that...
Greg called for the gopher so I have to go pick him up and take him someplace else..........Only a farm wife will know what this means. I am a gopher I go here and go there.....................JMF

1 comment:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Sounds like y'all had a nice trip. Good to get away once in a while, isn't it?
I'm a member of the gopher club too. :)