Friday, May 16, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival.........

A BIG thanks goes out to  Amy at Amy's Creative side for hosting the  Blogger's quilt festival. There are several quilt categories you can check out and vote for your favorite quilt This year I am entering the Christmas tree skirt I made for my DIL.
 I don't remember what month I started it, but I know I finished on Dec 25th!!! Not last minute I had a few days to go!

 I did know how many sheep, but not sure anymore around 20.
 The sheep were fun to pick out fabric for. I tried to make them all alittle different.


 No purebred sheep here!!


 I quilted it with my Good Housekeeper (the brand) sewing machine. It is 42 years old and the only good housekeeper in the house:)



 Close up of some of the sheep and the different prints I used.
 All the appliques are ironed on with a light fusible and button hole stitched by hand while watching TV!!!
 The name of the book is Adoration Quilts by Rachel W. N. Brown. I bought it in 2006 and this is the first and only thing I have made out of it.
 I will enter it in the applique quilt category if you want to vote for it:) You can find it hereBlogger's Quilt Festival  The quick links to each category are listed are listed right before the sign for the festival. I am in the applique category.
 or click on the sign at the right of this post.
 These are a few of the other quilts, pillows, bibs, totes, aprons, ect I have made over the last year or so.

 My other hobby is taking pictures of our animals!





Thanks so much for visiting and hope to see you again.........................JMF

6 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

So much work has gone into this wonderful tree skirt. Your photos of animals are beautiful too.

Frederique said...

Great idea! I love your tree skirt!
See you soon in the Blogger's Fetsival!

CitricSugar said...

What a great idea for a tree skirt!

Gari in AL said...

You tree skirt is beautiful. If I had it I would have to put the tree in the middle of the room so I could walk around it and see it all. And NO gifts could go under the tree to cover it up!

PaintedThread said...

Such a pretty tree skirt. Nice work.

Ranch Wife said...

This is one of my favorite projects ever. I love all the detail and I'm glad you chose this to enter into the festival.It gets my vote!