Friday, April 3, 2015

Quilts, pillows, cows and bulls!!!!!!!!!!

 This little dolls name is Whitley James:) She is just the cutest baby!!! My lucky sister, Carla gets to babysit her every Mon, and I am hoping she is too busy some Mon and I will get a call!!!!!!!! Fat chance of that tho:)

I bought the jelly roll a couple of years ago when we were out at the stock show. I used  all 42 strips and it makes a nice size quilt.
 I got this half layer cake and came up with this quilt.
 I used all but 3 pieces.
 Love the little cowboys and girls.

 Pieced the back from left overs of the front with a piece of gray and gold star fabric.
 The annual move to the calving pasture.
 Greg had a hard time slowing them down they were on the run!
 I went with Greg the other day to check and they were all so content!! We love our cows:)
 I posted these a long time ago, here they are again some of them anyway. Cute bibs that the South Dakota Cattlemen's Auxiliary sells.
 We also have Navy with white cows, yellow with brown cows and pink with white or black.
 I know it's a shameless plug but what baby wouldn't look cute in one of these??  $10.00 plus postage will get you one, just leave me a comment if you would like one:)
 I haven't posted a squirrel in a while..........LOL
The bulls have spring fever too pawing at the ground and bellowing
trying to be the king of the bull herd!!
This is the only black Angus bull we have and he got chased out the other day. Once out of the pasture and twice out of my yard!!!
I almost forgot here are the pillows I made for Carla. She got the fabric on Zulily:)..............JMF

1 comment:

Sara said...

Some great projects. You find the cutest western fabrics to use in your quilts. I never thought of checking out Zulilly for fabric either. Actually I haven't looked at much of anything lately on there so I might need to explore a bit more.